Saturday, October 13, 2007

Free WiFi

Since getting the 770, I've been getting a lot of use out of BT Openzone, The Cloud and T-Mobile. However, today I came across free WiFi where I did not expect it - at an Old Orleans restaurant. Apperently, free Wifi is available at "Regents Inn" premises (Old Orleans, Walkabout and Jongleurs).

I'm also looking forward to McDonald's free wifi service, though I was wondering what happens at the restaurants that already have BT Openzone. Reading the press release, it looks like The Cloud is providing the new free service. Oddly enough, when I went to the McDonalds at Friern Bridge Retail Park a few weeks back I was confused to find both The Cloud and BT Openzone SSIDs and connecting to the BT Openzone SSID brought up The Cloud welcome page.

No comments: