Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time

I haven't posted in while, because I haven't had much of a chance to do much with VoIP over the last couple months. Sometime in October (of what is now last year) I got the idea to redo my flat's networking, partly because I wanted to move some equipment around and partly to try and improve the performance of SMS messaging (as I'm "convinced" it's poor line quality between the master socket and the modem). Needless to say, progress has been slow, but it has left my asterisk box without an ethernet connection.

Hopefully I'll be back up and running soon. I bought an cheap webcam from Tesco's over the holiday, I want to get it up and running with motion detection software that'll SMS me if something odd is happening to the flat while I'm out.

No comments: